Chicken Tika Masala


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 4 long skewers
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

8 Comments:

At Friday, December 15, 2006 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Just-ify! said...

Great website, I'll definately by trying some of these out in the new year :)

 
At Saturday, December 16, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Blogger psychgrad said...

Wierd - this recipe is pretty much identical to the one I use, but my tikka masala never looks like your picture...it's more orangy.

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:29:00 PM, Blogger Aya said...

hi! i love the indian food. I'm from Spain and I'm living in DC now.
I found the indian foof the first time in Uk and it's great! I am from a small island in Spain (Tenerife) There are a lot of people from India but there aren't indian restaurant!!! I don't know why!!!!
Bye

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 2:11:00 PM, Blogger luc said...

oooh. now i'm hungry

 
At Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:20:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Yum! You're making me hungry!!! I'll have to come back and visit your site so I can try out some of your recipes! They sound delicious!
Samiha

 
At Monday, January 01, 2007 1:11:00 AM, Blogger ForestGump said...

whats is a skewer ??

 
At Monday, January 01, 2007 3:53:00 AM, Blogger jennifer said...

Oh ... it all looks and sounds so good ... I'll have to give some of it a go ... yum.

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Hello and Happy New year, very interesting blog you have here, by the way would you visit my blog http://avilesnews.blogspot.com and link to it and i'll link to yours also. Thanks and have a great day.

Admin,
http://avilesnews.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home